Wet n’ Wild is a water theme park at Oxenford, Queensland, part of a group of theme parks on the Gold Coast.
Wet’n’Wild is located with a group of amusement parks from Village Roadshow, including Movie World, Paradise Country, and the dinner show Outback Spectacular. Located separately on the coast is Sea World , the other fun park in the same group.
The popular water park is generally open from Thursday to Sunday and closed during the beginning of the week. It does open the other days during peak times such as during holidays and summer months. Check their website for Wet’n’Wild’s operating days before heading there, especially out of holiday periods.
The big thrill rides offer the most excitement, especially for the bigger kids
- Tornado – tube water slide in a giant funnel
- Aqua Loop – body water slide with an initial drop through a trap door
- Constrictor – raft ride with tight turns and high speed
- Black Hole – tube water slide through darkness
- Kamikaze – tube water slide with an 11 metre 70 degree drop on a u-shaped slide
- Surfrider – strap-in ride on a giant surfboard
Tamer than the trill rides with some excitement to thrill the whole family
- Mammoth Falls – raft ride in a large 4-person raft down a 250 metre long slide
- Super 8 Aqua Racer – 8 slides with a race timer, try to beat the family or get a new PB (personal best)
- River Rapids – body water slides, two enclosed tubes and two open-air slides
Precincts are areas around Wet n’ Wild that not rides as such, generally open for everyone to hop straight in
- Giant Wave Pool – like being at an ocean beach without the sand, deep water to the shallows with intervals of waves rolling in every 10 minutes
- Calypso Beach – lazy floating on a tube along the Calypso Beach river, on one-person and two-person tubes
Water play zone for the youngest water thrill seekers under the age of 10
- Paddle Pools – shallow gradual sloping pools for splashing fun
- Buccaneer Bay – playground structure with water including a tipping water bucket and slides
- Junior Tornado – like the big ride but with a smaller and gentler funnel
- Aqua Racer – slide to the bottom by yourself or race other kids
- Slippery dip – wide water-based slippery dip
- Water Slides – two enclosed junior versions of the River Rapids slides
The experience rides at Wet’n’Wild are additional rides that require a booking in addition to the entrance to the park.
- SkyCoaster – giant harness swing 50 metres off the ground
- FlowRider – surfing on a man-made continuous wave
To get there
If heading south on Pacific Highway, take Exit 60 for Helensvale (North) staying in the left lane to turn right. At the end of the exit, turn right to go under the freeway, then left at the lights towards Wet’n’Wild and Outback Spectacular. Follow for 600m and turn right into the parking area for Wet n’ Wild.
If heading north on Pacific Highway, take Exit 60 for Helensvale (North) staying in the left lane to turn left. At the end of the exit, turn left onto Entertainment Rd and follow for 300m. The parking area for Wet n’ Wild is on the right.
From Surfers Paradise Visitor Information Centre, follow the road onto Orchid Ave and at the end turn left into Elkhorn Ave, follow for 220m and turn right into Gold Coast Hwy. Follow Gold Coast Hwy for 4.7km and turn left into North St. Follow North St becoming Smith St Motorway merging onto Pacific Hwy after around 8km. Follow Pacific Hwy to Exit 60 for Helensvale (North) staying in the left lane to turn left. At the end of the exit, turn left onto Entertainment Rd and follow for 300m. The parking area for Wet n’ Wild is on the right.