Maryborough Visitor Information Centre is located at Maryborough’s Town Hall. Information about Maryborough, the local area, and the Fraser Coast region can be found and provided by the helpful staff.
Address: 388 Kent St, Maryborough, Queensland.
Phone: 1800 214 789
Nearby Brown Signs
Cherry Tree Lane – a bronze statue of Pamela Lyndon Travers, the creator of Mary Poppins, outside the building of her birthplace in Maryborough with a Cherry Tree Lane brown sign. The building is now the Mary Poppins Museum
Elizabeth Park Rose Gardens – renamed from Elizabeth Park and earlier Coronation Park. Originally Maryborough’s 2nd cemetery before becoming a public park in 1921
Historical Store –
Hospital Museum – The Wide Bay Hospitals Museum in Maryborough, collating documents, photos, building plans, and old medical equipment. From 1850s and 1880s of the current site
Maryborough Heritage Gateway – also known as the Portside Heritage Precinct, a historical look at Maryborough and its port district, one of Queensland’s oldest cities
OLDS Engine House – OLDS Engineering is an ongoing business in Maryborough established at the close of World War II, light engineering, custom engineering jobs
Petrie Park – Andrew Petrie Park is in West Maryborough just west of the Bruce Hwy. A few picnic tables and flushing toilets, good for a stop without going into Maryborough
Pioneer Graves – The Pioneer Graves are located at the original site of the Maryborough settlement of the 1840s, several pioneers were buried there until 1870s
Pioneer Park (Sunrise Drive) – Pioneer Park is a reserve on the south side of the Mary River in Tinana of Maryborough, walking and cycling trail and bush trail
Pioneer Park (Serenity Drive) – Alternative entrance to Pioneer Park with a small grass area in a quiet street away from the main road
Pt Lookout – Point Lookout was used by the pioneers of the old township of Maryborough from 1843 to 1856 to keep watch for supply ships and signal their arrival
Susan River Homestead Adventure Resort –
Teddington Weir – Teddington Weir is a dam on Tinana Creek south of Maryborough, first built in 1875. The current weir was last worked on in 1975, having been reconstructed twice after it was first built
Ululah Lagoon Water Bird Sanctuary – Ululah Lagoon borders with Anzac Park in Maryborough, abundant with bird wildlife who make the lagoon their home. Playground, picnic tables, BBQs, skate park
Nearby Big Things
To Get There
Head south on Bruce Hwy, take the exit towards Maryborough and Hervey Bay onto Walker St. Follow Walker St for 3.5km and turn right into Ferry St. Follow Ferry St for 450m and turn left into Kent St. Follow Kent St for 600m and the Visitor Information Centre and Maryborough Town Hall is on the right.
Heading north on Bruce Hwy, take the exit for Maryborough onto Gympie Road and the Fraser Coast Tourist Drive 12. Continue on Gympie Rd for 3.6km to the bridge across the Mary River. After crossing the bridge the road turns into Ferry St. Follow Ferry St for 1.6km and turn right into Kent St. Follow Kent St for 600m and the Visitor Information Centre and Maryborough Town Hall is on the right.
Alternatively heading north on Bruce Hwy, on crossing Mary River continue on the highway for 900m passed the first exit for Maryborough and turning right at the next into Walker St. Follow Walker St for 3.5km and turn right into Ferry St. Follow Ferry St for 450m and turn left into Kent St. Follow Kent St for 600m and the Visitor Information Centre and Maryborough Town Hall is on the right.
Coming from Hervey Bay, head towards Maryborough on Saltwater Creek Rd. In Maryborough, Saltwater Creek Rd bends to the right becoming John St. Continue on John St for 1.1km to the end and turn left onto Kent St. Follow Kent St for 200m and the Visitor Information Centre and Maryborough Town Hall is on the right.